2 Simple Bolts. 6 Days of Frustration.

It took me a solid week to get it sorted, but Fezzik is all buttoned up and ready for Mitsubishi Owner Day.

Take a look at this picture.

I removed just about everything you see. Twice. And I tested and adjusted some of it a couple times more.

I worked on it during the hottest hours of the day, in temperatures reaching 115°F/46°C. I worked on it in the dark, as late as midnight.

Take a look at that picture again. You see that silver, UFO-looking thing towards the back? See the two bolts right on top?

They were loose.
That was the problem all along.

Granted, I’d never heard of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation, for the non-gearheads in the audience) causing misfires until now.

Spark plugs, wires, leaky valve cover gaskets (letting oil leak all over the spark plugs, effectively disabling them)–these are the causes I’ve always run into in the past.

And considering all those parts were two months to a year old (and rated for 60,000 miles), I let frustration get the better of–and blind–me.

Don’t let frustration get the better of you.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.